Monday 14 September 2015

Turning the page

Last Saturday I resigned  from being the Chairman of the Ring of Tatters.
When I was appointed in 2008 I said that I would serve for five years and only stay in post if there were extenuating circumstances - well in 2013 the Ring was involved in the Lace 21 exhibition of all laces at Waddesdon Manor which didn't finish until last October. We had agreed to make tatted snowflakes to decorate one of the rooms at the Manor for the 2014 Christmas season. These snowflakes were donated by our members and were sold for charity. This was all done by April so I have now resigned. I hope the Ring finds a new, younger, forward looking volunteer to take over and build on the work I did over my seven years.

4 comments:

Pigmini said...

You were a Brilliant chair!! Bet you'll be missed and a VERY hard act to follow!!

What are you going to spend your time on now???

Jennifer said...

Oh, among other things I'm still teaching my three tatting groups in Cardiff, taking workshops all over and tatting courses at Missenden Abbey as well as representing the Ring of Tatters at craft fairs and Lace Days.

Pigmini said...

So not taking it easy then??? LOL

Jennifer said...

No, and if I have any spare time my garden desperately needs some TLC.
BTW, thank you for your kind comments about my term as Chairman. I just tried to do what I'd expect any good Chairman to do.